Are you looking for an HSP Coach? Are you or a family member particularly sensitive to sound, light or scent? How about the effects of caffeine, alcohol, hunger, pain or medication? Do you notice the many subtleties in your daily environment, or consider yourself to have high empathy for others? Are you overstimulated after a typical day at work or school? Told your child may have ADD, and disagree? Maybe your kids rip the tags off their shirts because they don’t like the feel of it against their skin? If so, the good news is that you are not alone! As noted in the research of Dr. Elaine N. Aron, Ph.D., 15-20% of males and females equally are born with a finely tuned, highly sensitive central nervous system (that’s roughly 1.3 billion people globally!). In fact over 100 species share this innate trait, which Dr. Aron describes as “reflecting a certain type of survival strategy, being observant before acting.” An HSP Coach can help you to understand and accept your HSP trait.
Dr. Aron lists the following common themes among HSPs (referred to as DOES):
- Depth of processing (we think very deeply about information and decisions)
- Overarousability (we require much more down-time than others)
- Emotional intensity (we feel emotions very deeply, particularly empathy)
- Sensory sensitivity (we process stimuli much deeper than others through the 5 senses)
The HSP trait is scientifically referred to as Sensory Processing Sensitivity, and is a genetic trait that can be a source of strength when fully understood. Likewise, the HSP trait can be frustrating to live with when not understood or disregarded. It is all about “Honoring and Embracing our Sensitivity”. Note that Sensory Processing Sensitivity is different than shyness (learned), introversion (preference), and anxiety, though a combination of these may also exist. In fact, 70% of HSP’s are introverted, while the other 30% of us are “high-sensation-seeking” extroverts. The challenge for HSP extroverts is in walking that fine line between experiencing new things in life without becoming too overstimulated (i.e. The Law of Diminishing Marginal Returns – an Economics concept which teaches us in this case that too much of a good thing may provide zero additional benefit). An HSP Coach can help you to optimize your trait, and indeed walk that fine line!
What can you expect from an HSP Coach?
At HSP Mentor.com my goal is to see you thrive in life through full understanding, acceptance, and optimizing of your HSP trait. As your HSP Coach, my job is to help you to focus on the many strengths of our trait. These strengths include processing information very deeply, the ability to notice and act upon the many subtleties around us, plus having and displaying high empathy for others. As your HSP Coach, I will also work with you to minimize the frustration of over-stimulation caused by sensory overload, and the plethora of other problems that can cause for us! We will accomplish this together in a fun, non-judgmental atmosphere using broad knowledge of the HSP trait, mentoring to optimize the trait, and NLP Life Coaching to help you get what you want out of life! 30-60 minute sessions are available by phone, Skype, FaceTime, or in-person (Phoenix, AZ).
Medical Disclaimer: HSP Mentoring and NLP Life Coaching are not substitutes for professional medical care. Should you feel the need to consult a doctor or other mental health professional, I encourage you to do so prior to working with a life coach. The information contained on this site, along with the content of mentoring and coaching sessions, is not meant to diagnose and treat a medical or psychological condition.